The Windchill Analyst – Product Development is primarily responsible for maintaining the solution definition and systems requirements for the core business systems (PTC Flex PLM and ecVision) used in product development. Given the nature of the department this function supports, this is a key role in the organization to develop solutions to support this critical function. This position represents the technical implementation of a system in regards to business process. The Sr. Systems Analyst will work with the Product Development business unit to understand business requirements, validate business processes against the system, develop functional and technical specifications, configure systems according to requirements and business process, organize and execute user testing and participate in end user training.
SYSTEMS DESIGN AND ANALYSIS:
- Work with business sponsor to determine business requirements for new and/or enhanced system requests.
- Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities and business processes, determines alternatives and negotiate solutions.
- Create and own functional specifications for new and/or enhanced system development.
- Hold functional specification review sessions with cross-functional team members (Business sponsors, IT, other Business Analysts, QA engineers, operations, and training group) for review of solution design, functionality and integration.
- Perform data analysis to determine necessary and appropriate integration points.
- Ensures technical requirements are captured in the solution definition and identifies gaps, implementation dependencies and impact analysis.
- Works with vendor software providers to ensure design and system changes are supported by the vendor.
- Responsible defining and documenting systems flows and data integration flow across multiple applications.
- Documentation and management of systems environment and architecture diagrams for all layers of the environment.
- Architecture and security reviews of systems architecture designs with development and infrastructure teams.
- Define systems monitoring and purge and archive strategies.
- Defines additional enhancements/systems to aid in efficiency improvements for defined business processes.
- Ensures appropriate documentation concerning project deliverables, system support and ITS processes are created, distributed to affected parties and maintained as necessary.
- Document systems management and operations manuals for hand off to production operations teams prior to production release or implementation.
SOLUTION CONFIGURATION AND BUILD
- Executes and manages solution configuration to meet business requirements. Identifies and recommends opportunities to for increased and more efficient use of application solutions to meet business needs more efficiently.
- Assists in moving projects and tasks through the change management process.
- Manage and develop a systems and integration test strategy that accurately meets business use cases. Develop a plan and coordination of regression testing.
- Work with Project Manager to track statuses of testing issues, remediation and re-tests.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of accurate project status information that is communicated to the business sponsor(s) on regular scheduled intervals
- Planning and execution for Systems training and support as needed.
- Primary contact for production issues escalation
- Determine actual issue
- Gather important data necessary for troubleshooting
- Work with Business sponsor, PMO, IT management to determine priority and resourcing.
- Work with IT and Business Sponsor team members to resolve issues.
- Support business function in documenting, prioritizing and facilitating break/fix situations and issue resolution including incidents, errors and problem investigations.
- Supports the deployment and launch of projects and/or releases.
- Database experience with SQL queries and PL/SQL is a plus.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems such as PTC Windchill or PTC FLEX PLM is preferred
- Six Sigma or other Business process mapping skills and experience
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall project perspective.
- Experience in working with Agile, Rational SDLC models with requirements gathering and analysis is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science or Business
Experience: 5-7 years
- 3 years of progressive, Product development technology experience in retail, footwear or apparel companies is a plus.
- This role will be responsible for implementing a Product LifeCycle Management (PLM) solution within a retail organization for their private brand/label merchandise. This role is a key position within the organization given the foundational nature of the solution and the expected extensions of the platform across the Product Development function.